NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Develop and expand your Tibetan language skills at all levels through this unique online course with experienced Tibetan language instructors.
WHY STUDY IN NEPAL?
Study Tibetan online with experienced Tibetan language instructors to build language skills through daily formal instruction. After an initial language proficiency assessment, you will be placed in a beginning, intermediate, or advanced class. During this course, you will develop oral comprehension and basic literacy skills through regular assignments, quizzes, and intensive conversation practice.
Students will be expected to devote approximately 22.5 hours to synchronous and asynchronous activities per week over a six-week period. The course schedule is flexible to accommodate a variety of student schedules and time zones. Synchronous sessions may include direct instruction, drills, and conversation exercises with language teachers. The frequency, duration, and scheduling of synchronous sessions will be scheduled together with instructors and class participants during the first week of the course. Asynchronous activities may include approximately practice exercises, small group projects, discussion boards, and completion of assignments. Students are required to demonstrate a strong online presence by participating in group discussions, answering questions, and interacting with course participants and staff.
- Immerse yourself in conversational Tibetan.
- Small-group language study and individualized tutoring.
- Excellent teachers who connect classroom to practical applications.
- Practice language skills through group discussions and activities.
- Decipher critical Tibetan and Himalayan political and religious concepts.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
- 45 hours of online Tibetan language study over 6 weeks
- Combination of synchronous class time and asynchronous activities and assignments
- Individualized tutoring with language partners
- Oral proficiency tests at the beginning and end of the program, and midterm and final exams
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here
to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD