NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Build a solid foundation of Hindi language skills through this intensive online course.
WHY STUDY IN INDIA?
Learning Hindi, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, provides opportunities to contribute to the growing connections between the U.S. and India and engage with the worldwide Indian diaspora. Through this program, you will develop practical Hindi language skills, as well as an appreciation of the culture and society in which it is embedded.
After taking an online language placement test, you will be placed into the appropriate level group for your Hindi studies. This intensive, online Hindi language course will introduce level-specific grammatical forms and essential vocabulary to establish a solid foundation in all four key language skill areas—listening, speaking, reading and writing. Daily instruction, practice sessions, and assignments will improve your ability to express yourself and engage in conversation in Hindi. Instructors will draw materials from variety of formal and informal sources, including audio-visual materials.
Students will be expected to devote approximately 22.5 hours to synchronous and asynchronous activities per week over a six-week period. The course schedule is flexible to accommodate a variety of student schedules and time zones. Synchronous sessions may include direct instruction, drills, and conversation exercises with language teachers. The frequency, duration, and scheduling of synchronous sessions will be scheduled together with instructors and class participants during the first week of the course. Asynchronous activities may include approximately practice exercises, small group projects, discussion boards, and completion of assignments. Students are required to demonstrate a strong online presence by participating in group discussions, answering questions, and interacting with course participants and staff.
- Build Hindi language skills with small group sessions and individualized tutoring.
- Learn from native language teachers, with experience in both online and in-person language instruction.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
- 45 class hours of online intensive Hindi language study with instructors
- 15 hours of individualized online and on-site tutoring
- 15 hours of conversation practice
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here
to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD